After reading this Article, You should have an Understanding of –
- Email service in local environment with Sendinblue SMTP
While working as AEM Developer we came across so many time to send email form local AEM instance and by default, the email feature is not functional as it requires specification of an SMTP server and SMTP user.
I have explained the email configuration in my previous article – Day CQ Mail Service Configuration, but it stopped working after May 30th, 2022 due to a ban on less secure apps.
Hence, without any further delay, let’s get started :-
Sendinblue account creation and SMTP access
- Navigate to Sendinblue official website and sign up – https://www.sendinblue.com/
- Access the SMTP details using this link – https://account.sendinblue.com/advanced/api
- It will contain SMTP, Port, Login and Master Password for your account.
- Sendinblue provide daily sending limit of 300 emails only- https://app.sendinblue.com/billing/my-plan
|SMTP Server Host Name
|SMTP Server Port
|Login Email in Sendinblue
|Master Password in Sendinblue
|Your Email (or firstname.lastname@example.org)
|SMTP to SSL
|SMTP use StartTLS
- Configure the Day CQ Mail Service and “save” the changes.
- That’s all, Just trigger the email service, You must successfully get the email.
Note: If you are not seeing the email in primary section, check your All Email in Gmail and Junk Email in Outlook.
So in this post, we saw an alternative approach for Email Service in Local AEM Instance. If you find it useful, leave us a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions to make it better. Also, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook. All links are active now.