After reading this Article, You should have an Understanding of –
- Email Service in Local as well as in Production Environment.
While working as AEM Developer we came across so many time to send email form local AEM instance and by default, the email feature is not functional as it requires specification of an SMTP server and SMTP user. To make it working we need to configure default service.
Hence, without any further delay, let’s get started :-
- Open Apache Felix Console http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr.
- Search [Ctrl + F] for Day CQ Mail Service.
- It have following parameters :
|SMTP Server Host Name||smtp.gmail.com|
|SMTP Server Port||465|
|SMTP user||User Name or Your Email|
|SMTP password||Your Email Password|
|From address||Your Email|
|SMTP to SSL||True|
|Debug email||Don’t Check|
- Navigate to – https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
- Allow less secure apps setting turn “on”.
- Now you will get mail in your inbox successfully.
Note : In Production environment, You should use production SMTP server to send out emails instead of personal email.
So in this post, we saw to configure Email Service in Local AEM Instance. I hope you enjoyed this post. Your suggestions and feedback are always welcome.
[…] have explained the email configuration in my previous article – Day CQ Mail Service Configuration, but it stopped working after May 30th, 2022 due to a ban on less secure […]